XIEGU X6100 No transmit power on FT8, both with WSJTX and JTDX

 XIEGU X6100 No transmit power on FT8, both with WSJTX and JTDX

I received my X6100 last week and was impressed with the build quality.

I successfully made contacts on SSB and CW. I configured JTDX and WSJTX and was able to recieve without issue with both but most of the time was not able to transmit, oddly enough sometime it worked, which made no sense. This setup was using my laptop with windows 11 and a USB-C to USB-C connection to the radio. Most of the time no matter what I did it would key to transmit but no output power. After watching quite a few youtube videos on how to configure it, nothing seemed to work. After many hours of troubleshooting, on a wilm, I used WSJTX in tune mode to key the radio which showed 0 power, then had windows sent a test pattern through the usb port instead of speaker and low and behold i got transmit power (on a dummy load of coarse).

To further the test, I configured my raspberry PI with WSJTX and connected using the same cabling to the radio and it works first time and every time since.

This leads me to believe that the WSJTX and JTDX software does not reliably send audio thru the windows USB-C audio port. My dell only has USB-C. I have tried both the windows standard drivers and the Xiegu cable driver from the radioddity.com site. Since windows sounds go through the port just fine, I am beginning to believe it is not a windows issue.

I have seen a few others on the group having the same transmit issue and am wondering if my test can be duplicated elsewhere.



Try this configuration:
JTDX File - Settings...
[Radio]
Baud Rate 19200
DataBit 8
Stop Bit 2
HandshakeNone
DTR Low RTS Low
-----------------
PTT Method CAT
Mode None
Split Operation None
-----------------
X6100 Mode [U-DIG]


I think this problem is not so much the X6100 or its firmware, as that the HAMLIB library used in the software is not yet updated to the latest version. The Xiegu X6100 seems to have been added in the May 2022 version 4.5 of Hamlib. As time goes on software like WSJT-X and JTDX etc will be updated to use the latest library ( or you could compile your own now ! ). All of these programs use statically linked versions of Hamlib so you can't just load in the latest version.

Hopefully when the updates come round, when you run FT8 etc the software will automatically configure the radio correctly much as it does for older CAT controlled radios. Until then you will have to read this forum and manually enter the correct work-arounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Xiegu X6100 HF/50MHz Portable SDR Transceiver

XIEGU X6100 Users
https://groups.io/g/x6100